Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Exhausted Exhaust

You see, I've had this exhaust leak somewhere between the cat and the muffler for about a year now. It's starting to sound like shit so I'm thinking of going on the cheap (you'll notice the reoccurring theme in that department) and making a tube from the cat to the muffler, deleting the resonator in the process. That shouldn't bump me up a class, I don't think. I'll be in ST class according to the folks on the MoHud SCCA Forum.

Summit has a 5 foot long section of Stainless for ~$65. If I can pull this off it may be the cheapest exhaust repair EVAR!

At this point it's just a brain storm. I have no idea what the stock diameter piping is so I don't really know what to get. I'll measure it up and see if this'll even work.

I'll keep you posted.
Allan

3 comments:

  1. Exhaust from the cat back is basically free in all classes, including Stock, so you should be good.
    Ian F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian, Is this the Ian from Vortex?
    Thanks for the info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying a car? Do you want some ways to ensure the process is fun and simple? This article will give you some great advice on that subject. Continue reading to learn more about making car shopping easy.
    lowermyautorate |

    szautosmart |

    greenleaf-automation |

    freesemiautopistol |

    pushautogram |

    ReplyDelete